Singapore airline a380 suites class (first class) JFK-FRA

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by howtofreetravel, Dec 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. howtofreetravel

howtofreetravel Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi folks i booked this trip with miles via american express a while back and flew it about 3 months ago.Before you read this i also warn you i am not a native English speaker . As it was my first time in first class i was quite excited . This ticket can cost a whopping $8000 for a one way ! isn’t that crazy now? well i managed to fly it for free as that is what we do at howtofreetravel after all right? Please forgive the image quality i promise i will buy a professional camera as soon as i get back to the states! Some people were explaining I didn’t explain how I got this flight well I signed up for one amex platinum got a signup bonuses of 50k miles + some spend I had transferred 58000 thousand miles to Kris Flyer and booked a first class ticket . I did have to pay 200 something dollars for the ticket.
    [​IMG]
    Our flight starts with some nice Dom Perignon ( i forgot what year) i also tried Krug but i didn’t like it go figure. I realized i am not a champagne man after this flight because i just was not impressed … I would be much more comfy with some vodka coke or something of that sort or Woodford for you ham sandwiches (you know who you are ).
    [​IMG]
    Next up is the cappuccino but this is no normal cappuccino you see this monstrosity is created by the use of Blue Mountain beans which cost a whopping $120 dollars a pound ! Singapore goes all the way with the coffee and yes it was delicious .
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if you can notice but the screen was huge! really a pleasure here . I am not completely sure but i think there must have been over 1500 movies/tv shows. I guess the only thing missing in my experience was a Playstation 4 but , i still enjoyed the experience. A common problem for me when i fly airlines such as delta or especially Airfrance and Alitalia is i run out of movies to watch because i already watched everything but this is hardly a problem with Singapore!
    [​IMG]
    Time for the food service wow i think this garlic bread must have been the best garlic bread i have ever tried. I really can’t believe i am bothering to review a garlic bread but it was just amazing.

violist and uggboy like this.
  2. howtofreetravel

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    Some nice lobster for the appetizer pretty tasty yum
    [​IMG]
    My first time trying black caviar! i loved it’s so tasty . I think i might be ruined for life after eating that ! sadly i was pretty full so i didn’t ask for more food ( i already stuffed my self in the virgin Atlantic lounge). From what i understand Singapore is usually very generous in how much caviar you can get so go for it if you can.
    [​IMG]
    This is me ! i lost about 30 pounds since this trip so i am excited to show you a future trip report with the skinny me.
    [​IMG]
    This is what i was eating! lobster on a plane! it was my first time and it was quite Delicious i must say . I booked this via Singapore’s book by the chef where you can pre order what you want to eat on the plane ( and you can do it online too).
    [​IMG]
    This is dessert it was just ok honestly but still not too bad for something you can get on the air it appears to be some kind of Panna cotta .

uggboy likes this.
  3. howtofreetravel

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    Maybe Singapore is the only place i managed to sleep on a plane better then i sleep in my own bed… The only problem was how short the flight was so i only slept 4 hours.
    [​IMG]
    Got me some cheese as snack you can’t notice see it but the flight attendant actually cuts this from huge blocks of cheese which is very cool.
    [​IMG]
    I got me another cappuccino and now my trip is over! the next first class trip report is going to be on British airways which i booked with some american airline miles i have for January ! so stay tuned .

lapointdm, Newscience and uggboy like this.