Since when are fees so high on Iberia???

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by michael21, Dec 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked a couple of tickets using Avios on iberia a few months ago and the fees were like $242...the same flights-ord-fco now has like $1,200 in fees?? what's the deal? What is going on??

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Last time I checked if you transferred the points into Iberia's Avios program and booked Iberia flights you wouldn't pay fuel surcharges. But the taxes have been closer to what you've described if redeeming out of a BA account for some time.

Which type of Avios account were you using? (They could have plugged this hole..)

3. David
    Original Member

David Silver Member

Status Points:
    Avios points are the common currency, used by different programmes. I think it helps new people follow things if we talk about Iberia Plus [IB+] and BA Executive Club [BAEC], (or Iberia's programme / BA's programe) rather than than "Iberia's Avios program".

(Especially given that the thrid Avios point using programme, is called Avios.com - UK only).

4. progapanda

progapanda Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you sure you're flying IB metal across the Atlantic? Can you post more information on what you're seeing? The YQ should still be in the couple hundred $ range.