Since I love DL flying (and all of you... especially RTS)

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Handleman20, Feb 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I figured I would post this here too in hopes of help! :)

I'm trying to figure this one out on a DL-related trip for work but want to work in a end-of-trip visit to AMS for a weekend. The cheapest flight gotten so far is CMH-ATL-BRU-LJU-CDG-AMS-DTW-CMH at $1700 with a $510 YR. I can take some more legs on the way there. Dates are 3/24 (leave 3/23) to LJU as the work starts 3/25, leave there 4/5, leave AMS 4/7 back to the CMH.

Thoughts?

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check for creating two different tickets. One to Amsterdam and one to a departure city from the US. KL is running some fare sales out of IAH right now in competition with UA so that may be a good place to start.

3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    You called? :)

If you're determined to accumulate some DL SM, although how many is open to question given cross-carrier ST earnings opacity of late, IST might help. Low fares showing on KL.

But it would be cheaper and more amusing to concoct a JJ itin, OJ TATL, and position to Lat Am first. Or RGN, if you'd thought about this last year when the fares were available.

4. misterbill

misterbill New Member

Status Points:
    Just found this thread. I'm flying roundtrip PHL-AMS in August and got hit with a $516 YR "tax". What the heck is it for?? Here is my breakdown. The airfare was $330 and the taxes were $628!

Detailed Tax Information
    AY 7.50
    CJ 16.75
    RN 20.20
    US 17.20
    US 17.20
    VV 2.62
    XA 5.00
    XF 13.50
    XY 7.00
    YC 5.50
    YR 516.00