SIN-HKG distance in Asiana Club?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by Saracen, May 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know this is a long shot, but has anyone credited a Y SIN-HKG (or HKG-SIN) segment to OZ? How many miles were credited? I need 1,594 miles to hit Diamond, and was hoping it would happen with my next segment, but I noticed that my SIN-LHR credited at 6,748 miles, less than SQ's 6,761, and GCMap's 6,765. Given that GCMap puts SIN-HKG at 1,588, I'm not sure it'll be enough. Trouble is the return is the next day, so I can't wait and see whether to credit to OZ or SQ KF. Any tips?

2. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Of note, SQ credit it to KF at exactly 1,594!

3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    probably not helpful but I credited this segment to BD and it was exactly 1,594.

4. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I noticed that previous credits of SIN-LHR to BD were identical to SQ at 6,761. So it looks like OZ is crediting a bit short. Maybe I should chase them up on those? Problem is, it's all by phone, and I'm not sure they'll be able to do anything. Dealing with Joanna on FT was so much easier! Also seems a little strange to be asking for the extra 13 miles on a credit of over 6000 :oops:

5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually sometimes BD is more generous than SQ. SIN-BKK on SQ is 880 whereas BD would give you 897.

If I were you I would chase OZ up especially if it had happened repeatedly.

6. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I understand it, each program has its own distance values for all city pairs that might be credited. Hence, I'm not sure what the basis of my complaint would be. Plus, we're talking about less than a quarter of a percent (0.25%) difference! If there was a central email address, I'd be tempted. Alas OZ is still phone-only from what I can find.

cennas likes this.
  7. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    After a bit of to and fro on the phone, including explanations on how their distances are sometimes different, I was told SIN-HKG would net me 1,594 miles, getting me to exactly 40,000. Trust them? Is Diamond at 40k exactly or 40,001? Like I mentioned, I'd rather credit the return HKG-SIN to KF, along with my next SIN-LHR, and flying the next day means I can't check before the fact.

cennas likes this.
  8. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please update us whether the SIN-HKG was really 1,594 miles and whether Diamond is at 40K exactly. Getting the exact same amount of miles as with the requirements is truly a very rare achievement!

9. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
  10. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    So yes, I hit 40,000, it hasn't elevated to Diamond online yet, and sadly, I had no option but to credit the return to OZ too, as I didn't have the chance to wait for the outbound to credit before flying back. Now I need to wait for my welcome pack. What's the Diamond Gift these days?

11. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just to update, it eventually elevated to Diamond, though I'm now on 41,594 miles :) Waiting for the welcome pack but also requested a replacement card so I can get it sooner. *G till Sept 2014! Yay!