Simple question, almost ashamed to ask...

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Jellypods, Jul 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jellypods

Jellypods Silver Member

Status Points:
    Soo...

I am thinking of booking F to get the mileage bump. But:-

1) Is the bonus for F 2X or 3X normal miles? I see 200% and 300% in various forums, one is obviously much more attractive. For example on a recent MEX-FRA trip I got 8924 base plus 1488 SEN miles. What would that have been if it had been in first?

2) What's a good F mileage to dollar ratio ie., CPM, when I have the correct bonus factor applied?

Many thanks

Jellypods

PS I bumped into Rudi on a ZRH-MUC flight last week, he was sporting an old FT flight tag given to him by Randy Petersen, which how I spotted him. And on the MUC-ZRH direction I had a short chat with Peter Sauber about the good old days in sportcars. Clearly the Zurich run is the one to be on.

2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    HI Jellypods:
    F is 3 times normal miles. The SEN bonus does not change.

There are not really any good F mileage to dollar ratios- however if you want to fly F make sure you can find a destination with an A fare- and look for First Class fare promotions. 6000 EUR round trip is usually pretty good for an F fare as a benchmark.

3. Jellypods

Jellypods Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, this is helpful, especially the A fare tip.

JP

TRAVELSIG likes this.