Silvercar Accepting First Bookings for 2013 Travel to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by sobore, Dec 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.equities.com/news/headline-story?dt=2012-12-27&val=872011&cat=tech

Silvercar, an Austin-based technology company, is now accepting advance car rental bookings for travelers visiting Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) in early 2013. The reimagined car rental experience features a single make/model fleet comprised of silver 2013 Audi A4s.

Travelers book reservations through the Silvercar app, available for download from the App Store for iOS users and also the Google Play Store for Android. Web reservations and bookings through travel management companies are also now available. Inbound travelers to DFW can drive their own Silvercar off the lot beginning January 14, 2013.
    "We're thrilled to debut the Silvercar concept at DFW Airport in the coming weeks," said Silvercar chief executive officer Luke Schneider. "The integration of Web, wireless, mobile and vehicle technologies helps Silvercar eliminate critical friction points in the car rental process; our pledge to travelers is a better car, and a better car rental experience, each and every time."
    Once through the airport terminal, Silvercar customers will board DFW's shuttle service to the consolidated car rental facility. The similarities, however, end there. Silvercar customers won't find check-in lines or traditional counters; rather the entire customer experience is technology-enabled. Customers place reservations, select and unlock a vehicle, and even receive their receipt through a seamless smartphone user interface.

Read More: http://www.equities.com/news/headline-story?dt=2012-12-27&val=872011&cat=tech

uggboy and mht_flyer like this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds cool, but I can say this, my company would in no way ever allow me to rent a Audi for business travel.

3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds cool, wish I could get down there to try it out. Love the idea of the car itself being a wi-fi hotspot.

Sadly i don't see this getting much traction long-term, seems like companies will not switch because of the rate deals they get with the major rental car companies.