Silver Wings Program

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by RJR@LAX, Jan 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RJR@LAX

RJR@LAX Active Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know what happened to the Silver Wings Program. Sometime ago I signed up for a lifetime membership. I used to get communications but have not heard anything in a long while. Is it still in effect?

2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,3342,00.html

Please note: As of July 1, 2007, Silver Wings Plus no longer activates, renews or extends annual memberships.

If you joined Silver Wings before September 2005, you still have access to special Zone Fares. You may book Zone Fares with no booking fee online at united.com.

hulagrrl210 and RJR@LAX like this.
  3. RJR@LAX

RJR@LAX Active Member

Status Points:
    I joined SW as a life member long before 2005. Where do you look for the Zone Fares and do you think it is worth it?

4. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have never booked Zone Fares before, so I don't know if it would be worth it...but here are the instructions.

[​IMG] Go to united.com/shopforflights and enter your flight information in the flight search tool.

[​IMG] Type "silverwings" in the "Electronic certificate or promotion code" field, and click the Search button.

[​IMG] When the search results are displayed, flights that are eligible for the Zone Fares will be indicated with a star ([​IMG]). Please note that united.com always displays the lowest fares, and Silver Wings Plus Zone Fares may be higher and therefore may not be displayed through the united.com flight search. If this happens, please contact the Silver Wings Plus Travel Center in order to book the Silver Wings Plus Zone Fare.

Silver Wings Plus Travel Center
    [​IMG] You may book your Zone Fares by calling the Silver Wings Plus Travel Center at 1-800-720-1765, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. The standard United Reservations fee of $25 will apply for bookings made by phone.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  5. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did a few searches and didn't find any Zone Fares available. You might need to call to determine if it's cheaper than what's on United.com -- but if it's more expensive, I don't know why you would want it.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. nor4

nor4 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here is the current link for the Silverwings program on united.com.