Silver to Gold

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by YOURGLOCKMAN, Mar 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. YOURGLOCKMAN

YOURGLOCKMAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently a silver with over 200,000 points earned mostly with my AMEX Hilton Honors. I got a call from AMEX that I had been approved for a Surpass card which comes with gold status. My question is, will my silver points transfer over or will I have 2 accounts with these 2 cards?

uggboy and CharlesG like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't have experience with this situation specifically, but your HH account will be unchanged, just associated with the new credit card whether or not you retain your current HH credit card. It's the HH account that has status, in this case silver and perhaps soon to be gold.

Kalboz, uggboy and CharlesG like this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Two AMEX cards but one HH account: The silver points will transfer to your one HH account and become, well, golden...;)

uggboy and CharlesG like this.
  4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    To anwer the question accurately you will have one HH account .. your old Amex will be replaced by a new Surpass card with the very same (account) number and you will be granted HH gold status (for the/an initial period) only by virtue of having the new card.

Alll the above is irrelevant to the status you had previously or the amount of points you have in your account.

uggboy likes this.
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is no mystery here at all: Anyone with multiple credit cards that earn HH points will have the points credited to just the ONE HH account. Any status earned by which ever means will apply to the ONE HH account, around which all activities will revolve.

uggboy, CharlesG and TAHKUCT like this.
  6. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife has a HHonors Am Ex card, and her activity on that card, goes to MY HH account. No problem with that one, but if I were to receive the same offer as the OP indicated, and an up-grade to gold from silver is offered, what would have been the 'reward' if that person were already Gold?? Would Gold be extended another year? No, I wouldn't expect it to go to Diamond, but what about Gold for the next year?

uggboy likes this.
  7. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had my gold extened another year when i was upgraded to the surpass card. I have read here that you can apply for a surpass card and get it also instead of just upgrading the old card. i would be happy to send you a referal for the new surpass card

cvsara and uggboy like this.
  8. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, Please do, and thank you for the information.

uggboy likes this.
  9. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have sent you a pm with the info i need to send you a referal via email

uggboy likes this.