Silver Sky Priority?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by travelinmike33, Jun 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been FO for about 8 months, but on my recent flights (last 3 weeks or so) I've been getting Sky Priority boarding passes (Zone 1) and messages to take advantage of my Sky Priority benefits when I OLCI. I am not particularly close to GM (16K left), though I have flights booked to get me there. I thought maybe it was because I was able to clear upgrades, but on my current delayed flight, I have no chance on either segment. Also, I don't believe they tagged my checked bag as Sky Priority even though my boarding pass shows it.

Any insight into this?

I'm curious about using Priority Check-in and Security since my BP says both Silver and Sky Priority. So far, the normal lines have been short enough that I haven't had anything to gain by trying it out, but I might do it next time just out of curiosity.

I'm wondering if maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and act important.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is probably another issue with Delta.com. As for using priority Check-In it would really depend on the station you are at. If you are at a smaller station, then you would be getting SkyPriority benefits anyway since FO is bundled in with SkyPriority for check-in.

MSPeconomist and DeltaExpert like this.
  3. Pharaoh
    Original Member

Pharaoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you got an upgrade on one leg of a trip you will get Sky Priority for the entire trip. You get to take advantage of all the Sky Priority benefits even on those flights where you are in coach.

MSPeconomist and DeltaExpert like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a Silver, my sister occasionally had the same thing happen and, at certain airports, was able to use SP. Use it whenever you can!!

:)

traveller99 and MSPeconomist like this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does this mean that if one leg--for example, the outbound flight--is upgraded, then the FO boards in zone 1 rather than zone 2 for the return flight in coach? This seems strange, especially because it's unlikely that a return segment will be upgraded before the first outbound flight.

6. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, the bump to SP/Zone 1 for FOs happens only for all segments on that leg of a journey. An FO booked for LHR-ATL-MSP-FAR, FAR-MSP-DTW-LHR who gets upgraded on MSP-FAR will be Zone 1/SkyPriority for LHR-ATL and ATL-MSP but nothing will change on the return portion unless he/she gets an upgrade on one of those segments.

7. Pharaoh
    Original Member

Pharaoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    No. By leg I meant two or more connecting flights before a stopover. Such as the outbound two flights of a, say, MSP-ATL-JAX-ATL-MSP journey. Get upgraded on ATL-JAX and you get to use the Sky Priority benefits on MSP-ATL, too.

8. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree as what others said. Sounds like an upgrade. The advantages are always overhead space (which you do get as an FO with zone 2 as a rule) but also the SP security line. That really depends on the airport. In MKE (my home airport) it is a nice and you get to through faster at the ID check. However, terminal E usually has only one x ray/metal detector open (for reason I still don't understand).

Dave

9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree that this is what it should be, but your post that I quoted said precisely "you will get SkyPriority for the entire trip." To me, trip means an entire journey from when I leave home until I return home unless "one way trip" is specified.

traveller99 likes this.