Silver preferred on USAir

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by BWIflyer, Jun 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am Silver preferred on USAir. I am travelling to India on CO/United. Can I use any perks like preferred check in, since it is *A.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you get access to the elite services as a *S passenger. The specifics vary a bit between UA and CO, but you get them.

BWIflyer and jbcarioca like this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    You may want to check the airport(s) you will be using. *silver benefits are minimal to begin with and not all airports provide priority privileges to *silver members.

BWIflyer and jbcarioca like this.
  4. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    IAD provided *A silver benefits. There was priority checking and priority boarding. Now I am coming back on CO from DEL to EWR on a W fare. CO can upgrade me to Business with 35K miles and $550 but I do not have miles and I do not have time to get a CC and accumulate miles. I have enough miles on USAir but they won't upgrade my CO ticket because of the fare category. Is there any way to upgrade to Business.

5. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    You save on bag fees and get a 25% mileage bonus if you credit the flight to us.