Signs You Fly Too Much: Haircut Edition

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I'm in Chicago this week and am facing a #FFFWP (Frequent Flyer First World Problem). I need to get my hairs did. Like, desperately. If I grow any more hair on my head I'll have to pay the in-cabin pet fee the next time I fly. The only problem is I hate small talk, especially when the person I'm having small talk with has scissors up against my head. So I do what I can to go to either of my "regular" places in Tampa or Seattle. I mean, maybe that sounds crazy to some, but I still fly to Seattle to go to the dentist, because she's so friendly and awesome. Yesterday I figured I'd be brave and try to get my hairs did in Chicago. I asked a friend for a recommendation -- he immediately thought of a place nearby that "wasn't inexpensive." That works for me. I called, and their prices for mens cuts ranged from $83 to $120. $83 to $120?!? Does it include a back rub, happy ending, and bottomless Krug?! Or are these really the "market prices" for haircuts in major cities nowadays? The post Signs You Fly Too Much: Haircut Edition appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...