Sightseeing opportunities in Kuala Lumpur for the business traveler

Discussion in 'Asia' started by sobore, Aug 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Kuala Lumpur is a beautiful city with lots to offer the traveler. These days, given the strategic role Malaysia is playing in the global arena, these people aren’t just tourists but business travelers. Business travelers often have a lot of time constraints but there are still plenty of ways to explore the city in spite of that, so if you are that kind of a traveler this article is for you.

Kuala Lumpur is a modern city and in fact there is so much to see that you need to decide what you wish to focus on. You can indulge in shopping, take a heritage walk, go to the bird or butterfly park, visit nearby islands, enjoy Chinatown or the planned city of Putrajaya, the vertical delights of the Petronas Twin Towers or Menara Kuala Lumpur tower and much more.

If you arrive early I would say use that time to explore the city. Being in a different time zone you might find it difficult to fall asleep anyway! I was lucky that during my recent visit I stayed at a hotel with a good view of the Petronas Twin Towers. This was particularly good because I didn’t have time to join the queues to get to the top.

Read More:
    aptraveler and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Indeed, KL is beautiful. Highly recommended.:)
    aptraveler likes this.
  3. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Again sobore, thanks for the good article. :)
    Is true, KL is a fascinating city that somehow doesn't seem to get the respect that it deserves as a diverse cultural capital city. Is one of my favorite places in the region!
    uggboy likes this.