Siem Reap - Getting an Entry Visa into Cambodia

Discussion in 'Asia' started by savydog, Apr 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. savydog
    Original Member

savydog Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know we have a lot of knowledgeable people here and it is now time for you to shine. I will be in HCMC Vietnam in 7 weeks and I decided to head over the border for a couple of days to explore the temples of Angkor Wat. I have a multiple entry visa for Vietnam already in my passport to make that as smooth as possible. Any hints or tips on a Cambodian Visa, I am an Australian so things my be different for me to other countries.

Kalboz and kwai like this.
  2. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few months ago I flew into REP with the parents. I have a multiple entry visa, they need to get one upon arrival. Between the line amassed to apply for the visa and the slow nature of the immigration officials I had already collected luggage and was doing circles around the baggage carousel before they even got stamped into Cambodia.

I'm not in general a fan of the e-visa, but when landing in REP it might be a good idea.

On the other hand: This was a flight on PG from BKK. Mostly tourists. It is very likely that when arriving on a VN flight from SGN the experience will be mostly Vietnamese who will not need to queue for a visa and only a smattering of foreigners who do.

Kalboz and savydog like this.
  3. savydog
    Original Member

savydog Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you Kwai, I could have asked you in the lounge, but it doesn't hurt to build some content on these topics :)

milchap, Kalboz and kwai like this.
  4. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is the home page for the e-visa.

Some people love it. I've never used it. There is a $5 surcharge added bringing the cost for the regular 'tourist' visa to $25.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. IndyDavid
    Original Member

IndyDavid Gold Member

Status Points:
    We used the e-visa to enter & exit at REP airport 2+ years ago and it was absolutely seamless. Can't recommend it highly enough.

milchap, savydog and kwai like this.
  6. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    I applied for and got an e-visa within a few days and the process was painless. This is for a visit in about 1 weeks time (to REP). I'll be arriving from BKK so this should save me a little time

Jeff

kwai and savydog like this.
  7. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Jeff, you're arriving during the onset of low(er) season so it might not make a big difference. But it won't hurt having the evisa under your belt.

If your goal is pictures make sure you're out and about early. The sun is up quickly this time of year. And it's hot and dry midday. Enjoy.

jswong and savydog like this.