Shuttle Bus charges @ Hilton Dublin Airport, Ireland

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by uggboy, Jan 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shuttle Bus charges @ Hilton Dublin Airport, Ireland

Read about this in two different forums:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...lton_Dublin_Airport-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Hilton-to-charge-for-own-shuttle-bus

Could this be happening? Looked at the Hilton Dublin Airport own webpage and it still stated that the shuttle bus / airport - hotel / hotel - airport / is complimentary.

Hilton DUB own website:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ir...port-hotel-DUBAPHI/maps-directions/index.html

Is it right to charge guests for the transportation in their own Hilton shuttle bus, especially while the hotel isn't located directly at the airport, it's around 7 minutes drive away and so far the journey was always FREE of charge for hotel guests.

What do you think MP'ers?

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure it's unusual in Europe for transfer buses to charge a fee to/from the airport. Besides, €2 is not that significant of a charge ...

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    2 Euros / each way / per person maybe doesn't sound much, but it's an precedent, especially when the hotel had the exact same service for free since opening in the early 2000's. In Dublin there is at least another hotel, called the Metro Hotel which does charge for airport transportation, but I have never seen this from an respected brand like Hilton before. I'm not aware that any other Airport Hilton charges for shuttle transportation right now, someone on FT pointed out that the brand standards of Hilton make it clear that airport transportation should be complimentary, but only within 3 miles, the Hilton DUB is at least double this far, but it's called Hilton Dublin Airport for a reason, so the shuttle should be free IMHO, especially when the website still says " complimentary ", see above link.

4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess I've been corrupted living in the UK...paying for a shuttle to/from most airport properties is normal. ;)

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    :D

6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    UPDATE:

The Hilton DUB website states now the following:

So it's free from the Airport, but it's 2 Euros to the Airport.

:confused:

7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    UPDATE:

New wording on the Hilton Dublin Airport website, which suggests that the shuttle charge must now be paid each way, per person, that's what I'm reading into the new wording:

8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  10. keishahogson

keishahogson New Member

Status Points:
    Wow. I am so excited to be at dublin ireland this weekend. I hope everything is well.

Thanks,

uggboy likes this.