Showers open again in EZE LAN VIP Salon

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Seat6A, Nov 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    The men’s shower in the LAN VIP Salon at EZE have been closed my last two trips. This week it was open. It’s a big shower with rainfall showerhead. After a day of roaming BA waiting for the 11:45 flight to Miami it was a real great surprise to have it open again. Quite comically they only had one of the men’s toilets open.

zpaul, viguera and MSYgirl like this.
  2. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I can skip the shower, but I'm wondering how your flights were. We're doing JFK/EZE on Dec 1 and EZE/MIA on Dec.14, both F (seats 3D & 3G). So, how's the service been? Probably a tad (or 2) below Emirates, but hopefully a tad better then RyanAir ;). Any comments?

zpaul and flyforawg like this.
  3. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    John, the cabin crew in Business was quick and efficient. I prefer the connection through DFW since it is a longer leg. JFK would be the same preference even though a longer flight overall. MIA flights make it tough if you want dinner and breakfast and to get more than 5 hours of sleep, but they did meals and drinks quickly. I was able to zip through customs with my carry-on bags and standby for the 8:25 flight to LAX I made the flight.
    All things considered, it was a very smooth flight considering it was the last flight I needed to requal EXP for next year.
    Keys to success:
    1. The CBP kiosks made it real quick even if not GE.
    2. EXP still means something on AA. It was nice to see my name suddenly appear at the top of the upgrade list and to make the flight. I think it was due to using the SWU but still, it happened.

zpaul likes this.
  4. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    This JFK/EZE flight is a first for me. In the past I've always done JFK/MIA and MIA/EZE (or SCL). So, I'm looking forward to a nice meal (ok, so I'm an optimist) followed by a long sleep. And breakfast of course.

zpaul likes this.
  5. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA now has a soup option for dinner which is great just before drifting off to sleep. I'm looking forward to the aisle access seats but for this flight my crew was really good.

6. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Steak/chicken/halibut/prawns are the choices for our JFK/EZE flight (we both opted for the latter). The return menu should be available in a day or two, so maybe the soup option will show up. Or maybe we'll just go with the prawns again.

7. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The soup is a starter course, not an entree.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  8. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got it -- I guess that's what Seat6A meant, and I took it to be some kind of entree (dinner) option, in addition to the four choices on the advance menu. Just got the return menu (EZE/MIA): Chateaubriand/Brodetto/Chicken/Shrimp Cold Plate. Decisions, decisions! ;)

Seat6A likes this.
  9. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good decisions. On my flights the soup was an entree, and after a week in Argentina i'd had plenty of good meat so a welcome choice.

10. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    My meals in F to/from EZE to MIA, JFK, and DFW have all been excellent. Absolutely no complaints. I even got two extra bowls of soup when my hollow leg acted up. Only thing is that service was sometimes a bit cold.

11. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    And they provide a full J-class amenity kit for you in the shower, which is a nice touch. They don't give them out on my SCL-EZE-SCL flights so its a good way to add to the collection.

Seat6A likes this.