Should You Sacrifice 20k Ultimate Rewards Points?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

As I'm sure everyone knows by now, there's an increased 70,000 Ultimate Rewards points sign-up bonus on the Ink Plus® Business Credit Card. In order to earn the points you have to spend $5,000 within three months, and the $95 annual fee on the card isn't waived. The increased sign-up offer expires this Sunday, October 19, 2014. Interestingly the same increased sign-up bonus isn't available on the Ink Bold® Business Charge Card. The card has virtually identical benefits, with the only major difference being that it's a charge card, meaning you can't carry a balance (which you shouldn't be doing anyway, in my opinion). The sign-up bonus on that card is 50,000 Ultimate Rewards Points with the same spend requirement, though the $95 annual fee is waived the first year. Which card should you apply for, the Ink Plus or Ink Bold? The answer seems obvious on the surface, since one has an increased sign-up bonus, while the other doesn't. However, the slight complication is that rumor has it that the Ink Bold will be discontinued at some point. I don't have any inside information on whether that's true or not, so have no clue on the timeline on that if it were to happen. The post Should You Sacrifice 20k Ultimate Rewards Points? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...