Should You Complain On Flight About Bad Service?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Reader Craig posted an interesting question in the "Ask Lucky" forum. While it's a fairly long story/question, I do think it raises an interesting question, which is why I think it's worth answering here: I have the utmost respect for the majority of crew. I understand parts of their jobs are tough and rather thankless and I generally give them alot of leeway in regards to attitude but when should you challenge something that I believe is incorrect behaviour? I am sitting in 1A on a AA transcontinental fight JFK-LAX. It was a 10am departure so it's not a red eye fight but I had a long previous night and a quick look around the cabin show 9 other pax trying to get some sleep with the seats flat and blinds down. I say trying as the crew (5 currently with the odd guest) are in the forward cabin, lights on, no curtain drawn having what could only be described as a loud gossip session with the requisite loud talking, laughing etc. This has been going on since the rather rushed and rote lunch service. My question is: do you complain about crew whilst on the flight? After being unable to sleep even with Bose headphones on I got up and went in and asked, politely, that I and from the look of it the rest of the cabin would like to sleep so could they draw the curtain and perhaps talk quieter? The post Should You Complain On Flight About Bad Service? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...