Should I try for a second Chase card in one month?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by LAM, Mar 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have read that Chase many times will not approve two cards at one time. I was approved on 3/11 for a card (Sapphire Preferred) and now I read the 50,000 bonus for the Southwest card is going away. I was going to get this card in 3 months so I have some points to use domestically (I want to save my other points for Europe or Asia). Should I try to get the second card or just try to wait for a new reward later in the year? I was thinking of using miles in the fall on SW so I have some time to wait.

KOA likes this.
  2. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's hard to tell when these offers come and go, but this one has come, gone, and come back. If it were me, I'd hold off, especially if I didn't want to redeem until the fall. That's just me though.

KOA likes this.
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    You said that you read that the 50,000 bonus for Southwest is going away. When? Who did you hear that from? Is your source of info accurate? Is it speculation? I would do a lot more research before I potentially hurt my relationship with Chase because of something I read.

Mikus33 likes this.
  4. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was mentioned on one of the blogs I read and it is getting difficult to find a link to the 50,000 point offer. The offer on the SW website is the 25,000 point offer

KOA likes this.
  5. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which blog?

6. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did have trouble finding the SW business card 50,000 point app link 3 weeks ago.

7. Dangjr213

Dangjr213 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would be am too impatient to wait...

I wanted to leave a gap in between my freedom and sapphire application. Ended up getting them 12 days apart.

8. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Help Me Travel Cheap

9. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, I was rejected when applying within 30 days of another Chase card and had to call reconsideration line + move around credit to get approved. Got it in the end, but YMMV.

KOA likes this.
  10. gwhit21

gwhit21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You will most likely have to call the reconsideration line if you apply. I have never been denied after calling the reconsideration line, but YMMV.

I have a link to the 50k SW card on my sick deals page. I do not receive a referral if you apply through my link.

I hope this helps.

KOA likes this.
  11. KOA

KOA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied and received the Chase UA Explorer card few weeks ago for 50,000 mile bonus. First year is free. Yesterday, UA launched their CLUB card. I applied online and got instant approval but with less credit limit. I spoke to their Lending Dept to move some credit over to new CLUB card. Chase would not let me convert Explorer card to CLUB card because it was less than 6 months. The new CLUB card allows unlimited access to all UA, US Air & Star Alliance lounges. With launch of UA CLUB card, this will probably be the only club card that will give access to Red Carpet club in the future.