Should I spend 60k a night at Hilton Papagayo- Costa Rica?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by ntd1913, Apr 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ntd1913

ntd1913 Member

Status Points:
    Hello all, need some opinions:

I am going to CR for a few days (memorial weekend). Want to do an all inclusive and see the hilton for 60k a night. $279 online and $329 on hilton website. Do I blow 180k on 3 nights or pay for 2 nights and just use 60k? Or go to the allegro occidential (which is not as nice) for $140 a night all inclusive.....

What do you think, is it worth it? I am in a slow period travel wise, so its not like i am about to re-up my points anytime soon.... Thanks!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems like there are many beachfront properties in Papagayo, are you married to all-inclusive? Will you actually be using the beach? (I personally despise all-inclusives as the quality has never been there for me)

the above aside, the key statement for me that you made was:
    (bolding mine), rarely are Hilton awards a value if not staying on an AXON or GLON award (4+day awards at a reduced per day award rate).

But, if you are flush with HHonors points and/or don't see yourself needing the HHonors points anytime soon, then burn away!

3. ntd1913

ntd1913 Member

Status Points:
    I know.....

unfortunately all inclusives are not a part of the AXON rewards :( And not necessarily flush, but upgrading my card to surpass so will get a 50k bonus that i will apply to this. prob just going to burn 2 days for 120k and count it as a loss. :( but i save $700

Sweet Willie likes this.
  4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    a nice chunk of money.

If you would, please write up a trip report on this property & post in the Hilton Forum, I don't recall seeing one on Milepoint.