Should I rollover my MQMs or push to make next level?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by impossibilia, Nov 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

?

Is it better to top off my MQM's now and become a Platinum or hold off and let them rollover?

1. Roll them over so you're ahead of the game next year.

40.0%
  2. Top them off and become Platinum. All bets are off for next year!

60.0%
  1. impossibilia

impossibilia New Member

Status Points:
    This is my first post on the forum and hoping you all can give some advice. Next year I don't plan to travel as much (change in work arrangement), and I'm currently just 800 MQMs short of Platinum. Should I just rollover my MQM's so that I'm ahead of the game for next year or should I do something to push myself over the Platinum threshold (take a trip, get a credit card, etc)? I suppose my question is more about the design of the program next year... they ARE rolling over MQM's, yes? And, will it be better to "cash in" on those MQM's NOW or have them as a head start for next year. I wonder if rollover MQM's will still be subject to new rules (and need to be further qualified in order to have value). Any advice here?

Thanks.

2. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    How many miles do you plan to have next year?

3. impossibilia

impossibilia New Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure I'll make Gold again, but not sure with this new system. I feel like the benefits between Gold and Platinum are not great enough for me to want to push it to Platinum this year, and would rather hold them for next year... assuming they will have as much value. Think they will?

4. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My worry would be the concept of MQD, unless you travel on exceptionally high fares or use the DL AmEx for an exemption. As I left DL this year, I haven't researched how rollover gets considered in that calculation. If it were me, I would likely go for PM this year and take the bonus miles or DL TCV, with a better chance of upgrades next year.

FetePerfection likes this.
  5. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Either way, you will come to know that DL SM is mejor en su clase.

Flyer1976 likes this.