Should I give up trying to get ShopOnePass miles?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ducster, Mar 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a whole bunch of miles that never posted to my account going back to purchases I made in July and later in 2011. After numerous emails, some of which were acknowledged automatically, I've still gotten nothing from a human. I know that they just had the integration, but if they had addressed this when I contacted them (or better yet, actually credited the miles as they should have), then there would be no issue with the integration. Should I just give up at this point? It's only about 5K miles, but it would be nice to have them. Maybe I'll just buy the equivalent and send them a bill.

There.... Now I feel better.

redwoman and uggboy like this.
  2. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's a l:(t of miles to be out. I'd not simply give up.

3. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    My instinct too. Has anybody had success lately in claiming miles owed from retail partners?

4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a lawsuit filed against Cartera over on TOBB.

redwoman likes this.
  5. redwoman

redwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is TOBB the other bulletin board, as in Flyertalk?

Sorry about your 5K miles, ducster. I value them at 1 cent per mile, so just speaking for myself I think that there are other programs that return more value per credit card dollar spent. Personally, for the equivalent of $50 it sucks, but I would deem it as not worth my time. I realize that you may have a different breakpoint. Ebates and kickitback give you at least 1% back on purchases, most of the time a lot more, and it's money, not scrip, which is what I view miles as being. You can only use your miles at United (or partners, but still it's limited), but you can use money anywhere.
    I have never had issues with transactions not posting nor money being paid out of ebates or kickitback.

ducster likes this.
  6. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    redwoman likes this.
  7. redwoman

redwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, it sounds like Cartera did screw up. Last August, I think that I had moved my click-through buying to ebates and kickitback so I don't think that I missed out on anything.

The Boston mini-DO sounds like fun- I love it there!