Should I be worried? Redeemed F points

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by ramteid49, Nov 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ramteid49

ramteid49 Active Member

Status Points:
    The Mrs. and I are retiring and are doing our first RTW on Aeroplan points, we tried doing it in F but it seemed impossible, we're in AC business to Sydney (I know scam charges) then onto a 35 day cruise ending in Singapore and then onto Bangkok, but we're Bangkok to Frankfurt in F, it seems that most of the Seat guys say that March 26th 2013, 13:15 BKK to FRA on Thai is a 2 class flight although I redeemed F miles, should I be worried? The BKK to FRA is the only leg in F.

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    BKK-FRA will not be in first class.

Who knows what aircraft it will be, this is Thai Airways and they swap aircraft like Lindsay Lohan does meth. Every day and with reckless abandon.

But that aircraft will have a first class cabin.

In fact, the flight is currently scheduled to be operated by one of the Boeing 777s that Thai has leased from Jet Airways, where first class is 'suites' with doors.

Enjoy!

3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. ramteid49

ramteid49 Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes, flying AC to Sydney via Vancouver, then on a cruise for 35 days and end up in Singapore, then SIN on Thai in J to BKK and then the only leg I could get in F BKK to FRA, overnight in FRA and then AC in J back to YYZ...total of 370,000 miles and about $2k in scam charges, I still think it's worth it.