Should I be concern about AMEX FR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Sil747, Mar 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Sil747

Sil747 Silver Member

Status Points:
    delete, no one wants to answer my question.

SuperKirby and GoodBoy like this.
  2. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're doing something not in good standing, then yes.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. mileagejunqe

mileagejunqe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have no idea what brought it on - no, really - but I had a FR on my account as well as FR's on both my kids' separate accounts. Surprisingly, it was a couple days after Amex issued me a new SPG card. My wife wasn't asked for anything regarding her separate account. Took a week or so. Nothing at all happened on my account. Each of my kids had their own separate credit limits reduced slightly. It was reasonably painless other than my charging privileges were suspending for a short time.

SuperKirby likes this.
  4. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amex (any financial institution really) is weird. If they (humans) or their computers show any signs of your spending going up/down more than normal, or why you ask for a new card, they will want to check/re-check your financial situation and therefore put your credit limit to where it should be. In addition, I believe there are "random" FR's rolling around, similar to random airport personal security checks.

In your case and from the info already given here, it looks like when you applied for the SPG, you must have gotten instantly approved (right?), & when you're instantly approved, its all robots. The computer checks your credit and if its good (I'm assuming yours is), then the cpu will make an approval in 60 seconds. No humans are involved. Then comes the next business work day or two, and a human sees a small flag that a computer sent out. The small flag is probably just a reminder to see if your credit and cards match up to your income. They are probably just simply reducing a small amount of limit just to make up for the new SPG card.

Are your kids authorized users for your account?

As long as your'e not making late payments, having a high balance, abusing gift card/re-loadbale cards, a high overall debt to credit limit ratio, you know the usual "baddies", then you should have nothing to worry about.

Counsellor and LETTERBOY like this.