Should Attractions in the United States Charge Different Fees for Non-Residents?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    “There seems to be a growing trend to charge foreigners higher entrance fees to national parks and monuments in many countries” is what I first wrote in this article from Friday, September 30, 2011 — along with posting a couple of unconfirmed examples used primarily for illustrative purposes. In my travels since posting that article, I have noticed that that trend does indeed seem to be true. The latest example is when I was in Egypt earlier this month, where the disparity between the entrance fees of attractions for foreigners versus Egyptians can be significant. One of many examples in Egypt alone is the ticket cost to the Supreme Council of Antiquities Museum, where the price of admission is 60 Egyptian pounds for foreigners versus only four Egyptian pounds for Egyptians — or approximately $7.84 versus 52 cents, respectively. Is that fair? That prompted me to think about... The post Should Attractions in the United States Charge Different Fees for Non-Residents? appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...