Shortcut to Gold Status Promo for Current Platinum?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by japi811, Oct 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. japi811

japi811 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello All,

I just received the following promotion:

[​IMG]
    You currently hold AAdvantage® Platinum status, but it looks like you haven't had a chance to fly quite enough to earn elite status for the 2014 membership year. You have XX,XXX AAdvantage elite-qualifying miles, XX,XXX points and XX segments, but, not to worry! We know your elite status is important to you, so we're going to help you reach Gold with a special shortcut:
    Fly a little more and you're Golden
    Only 5,000 more points

Gold status offers exceptional perks like:
    • Priority Access at check-in, security and boarding
    • 25% mileage bonus on eligible flights
    • Complimentary access to Preferred Seats
    • Two free checked bags
    • Special upgrade privileges
    Here's how to qualify: Register by November 15, 2013 with code STR13. Keep flying American or our elite-qualifying participant airlines through December 31, 2013 to reach your goal of 5,000 more elite-qualifying points. Once you do, you're set to enjoy Gold status beginning on March 1, 2014. Of course, you'll continue to enjoy your current Platinum benefits until then.

Maybe a new version of soft-landing?

flyforawg likes this.
  2. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got same except PLT offer for 10k points.

japi811 likes this.
  3. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind, both of you have specified points. Points may be significantly lower than miles depending on fare class.

flyforawg and japi811 like this.
  4. girlsmom
    Original Member

girlsmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was the promo code the same for the 10k for plat? And are you currently platinum or explat?

flyforawg likes this.
  5. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently EXP. Offer for PLT.

Copied my e-mail below with appropriate redactions.

Points are surely harder to acquire than miles, but I should be fine with a transcon in Y and and SFO to LHR in J on AA metal coming up.

Hello flyforawg, AAdvantage® Executive Platinum Number: XXXXXX
    You currently hold AAdvantage® Executive Platinum status, but it looks like you haven't had a chance to fly quite as much this year. You have xx,xxx AAdvantage elite-qualifying miles, xx,xxx points and xx segments but, not to worry! We're going to help you reach Platinum with a special shortcut:
    Fly a little more and you're Platinum
    Only 10,000 more points
    Platinum status offers exceptional perks like:

• 72-hour upgrade window
    • 100% mileage bonus on eligible flights
    • Complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred Seats
    • Priority Access at check-in, security and boarding
    • Two free checked bags
    Here's how to qualify: Register by November 15, 2013 with code STR13. Keep flying American or our elite-qualifying participant airlines through December 31, 2013 to reach your goal of 10,000 more elite-qualifying points. Once you do, you're set to enjoy Platinum status beginning on March 1, 2014. Of course, you'll continue to enjoy your current Executive Platinum benefits until then.

japi811 likes this.
  6. girlsmom
    Original Member

girlsmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I was hoping there'd be a fast track of some sort back to plat if you're already at the plat level... but it looks like this is a modified soft landing.

dc_traveler and flyforawg like this.
  7. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA is essentially offering you a "challenge" with no fee. That is a nice savings for anyone who is offered and accepts it. Good luck to all.

flyforawg likes this.
  8. dc_traveler
    Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    It does seem like a nice offer. That said, I agree with girlsmom: On my wish list is something similar to requalify for platinum. My current estimate is that I will be 14k eqm short (which is a lot to make up!)