Shopping Portals & Browser Add-Ons

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by edekba, Nov 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, I've noticed something strange happening with Online Shopping Portals and browser add-ons, Chase Ultimate Rewards in particular.

This & last month I bought a few things from Nordstrom & Nike.com using the UR Mall. The Nordstrom went through the extra points posted fine, however Nike didn't. I was wondering If it was because of the extensions that I have on my browser, ublock & Disconnect in particular. What's strange is that I did the exact same thing and didn't use any other coupons/codes that would've disqualified me ... but yet Nordstrom was 3/3 and Nike is 0/2.

Could it be the extensions are blocking some sort of url code/cookie?

Should I just buy stuff w/the addon disabled going forward? (I don't have any planned purchases soon but would love some data for next time.)

SgtPeppers likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quite likely those are the problem. Anything which "manages" ads or cookies can hose the affiliate referral programs badly. I use incognito mode for such transactions to make sure that no extensions are loaded to affect them.

SgtPeppers and edekba like this.