Shopping portal mess - not getting miles with 1800mattress.com

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by na123, Jun 8, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. na123

na123 Active Member

Status Points:
    A few years ago I made a large purchase through Magazines.com and went back and forth with Cartera for a really long time about miles they did not post and that I deserved ("deemed ineligible"). Someone from magazines.com was kind enough to contact American and took care of this issue. This did take a few months but I finally got my deserved miles.

Now I'm going through the exact same problem once again. I spent almost $2000 on a mattress through 1800mattress.com (I wouldve bought it from Macy's but I wanted miles). After waiting for a month for the miles to post I got in touch with American and they refuse to post my miles as they are deemed ineligible (surprise surprise). I reached out to 1800mattress.com but they are NOT willing to help me out. I don't know what to do. I'm supposed to be getting about 6,000 miles for this purchase and no one is willing to do anything for me.

satman40 and traveltoomuch like this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sadly, I have no ideas for helping with the present situation.

Fatwallet runs a cash back shopping portal and is very good about resolving disputes like this (not perfect, but very good). You might consider them for the future. I know cash and miles aren't equivalent, but both can be useful.

satman40 likes this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We often pay Macy's with a Serve Card , loaded with OD GC at 5X, bought with INK.

Seems like every holiday Macy's is having a mattress sale.

4. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

5. c23634697

c23634697 Active Member

Status Points:
    I don't know all the facts. However from what I'm hearing, I would challenge the charge as fraud, for breach of contract.

6. melina71

melina71 Active Member

Status Points:
    I've always gone through US airlines and used their shopping portals and I got miles on Macys.com and pretty much every other major store ( they have so many to choose from) ( earnings are from $2-$3- miles per dollar spent even more during holidays) they posted very quickly onto my Alaska MVP account, so I really have no clue about using non-airline shopping portals.. I would just file a BBB complaint and see what happens. Sad to hear that happened to you :(