ShopOnePass double miles ending July 19

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ducster, May 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but I just saw this on the CO website. What a bummer.:(

On July 19, 2011, the ShopOnePass Twice the Miles program will be ending. Although you'll no longer receive double miles on purchases made with your Continental Airlines Chase credit or debit card after the program ends, you will continue to earn valuable miles when you shop at ShopOnePass.

Scottrick, penumpang and gleff like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I 'liked' this because I appreciate your posting, not because I 'like' the change :(

I loved double miles on online shopping via the onepass mall when you have a onepass mastercard. It's one difference between UA and Co and their Chase cards, and the one where I really expected them to go with the UA model when they were making everything else conform to CO. :( It's the reason I kept the CO Mastercard.

Scottrick likes this.
  3. HoKo
    Original Member

HoKo Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I wonder if this means that purchases prior to July 19th will still count or if the miles need to post before July 19th to earn twice the miles.

Pretty important question since IME CO shopping mall almost never posts the miles automatically. I always have to email receipts and wait literally months for the miles to post. Big PITA.

4. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Weird. I've completed hundreds of transactions over the years, and had only a couple that I've had issues with posting.

5. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing. This is disappointing news. Even though the miles don't always post automatically, I've been able to earn so many miles through this program. I've made so many purchases through bestbuy.com and nordstrom.com with the store pick up option. It's like shopping online but you get the stuff without waiting for it to ship.

Scottrick likes this.
  6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm very disappointed by this. I just got my CO card, and although the 50K bonus was nice, double miles for online shopping was the only real reason to actually use it. I don't need a free checked bag. I'm not likely to use the 2-for-1 business promo. And paying the annual fee just to get two PC (I guess now UC) passes each year doesn't seem worth it for me. All the other benefits of the UA card are better in terms of double or triple miles for certain purchases and EQM for ticket purchases, which are much more valuable than RDM. Assuming they don't significantly alter the benefits of the UA card as the merger progresses, I think it's pretty obvious which one I'll be canceling.

7. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    annual fee is coming up soon for me, I'll most likely cancel the CO card now.

8. 4Health
    Original Member

4Health Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is hugely disappointing. I noticed it a day or two ago when I went to make a purchase. My annual fee posted this month, and needless to say, I canceled the card. I figure that I have way more CO miles than I can burn this year so I don't need it this year. I will wait until Chase has a big United bonus since I've never had one of the United cards.