Shop For A Hat, Get in the Local Paper- Vienna, Austria

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by MLW20, Apr 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    On my trip to Vienna, my must buy souvenir was a Traditional Alpine Hat.
    After visiting a store which sold traditional clothing and hats near Hofburg Palace, I decided that a nice, authentic hat was out of my price range. I'd have to start looking in regular souvenir shops and hope to find a good imitation.
    I decided to check out a couple of touristy stores later that day and was pleased to find some good looking hats in the $15-$20 range. I found a hat that I was interested in. I was trying it on and looking in the mirror when a man came in and motioned like he was taking a picture with his camera and said "Click Click" to me. I shrugged and said sure, a bit confused why he wanted a picture of me trying on the hat.
    A moment later Kim noticed another man walk into the store holding a small notebook. He came over to us and said that he worked for a newspaper called Kurier. He was writing an article about tourism in Vienna and wanted to ask me a few questions. He told us that the article would be in the paper the following day!

See pics and find out more HERE

Blue Skye, sobore and perryplatypus like this.
  2. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is a great looking hat. How many traveler can get to say that were in the local press and not wanted for a crime! What an awesome souvenir to bring back!

MLW20 likes this.
  3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I am building up a pretty sweet hat collection!

Mapsmith likes this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pretty darn cool! :cool:

The article says: "This guy was obviously a Milepointer with zillions of credit cards and a ferocious appetite to buy things just to earn miles and points" :eek:

MLW20, Blue Skye and Mapsmith like this.
  5. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love your thinking! Too bad this article pre-dates Milepoint by a few years! LOL