Sheraton Woodbury, Minneapolis, MN - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by MSPeconomist, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a new (approximately summer 2008) suburban Sheraton, located about 20 miles east of Minneapolis along the I-94 expressway, perhaps half-way between downtown St Paul and the Wisconsin state line. It is a convenient location for visiting Stillwater, a cute historic river town with restaurants, gift shops, and historic inns. It's also relatively convenient for driving to the zoo and airport.

The hotel is about 6 or 7 stories tall with a lounge on the top floor that is open 24/7 (no doors) but doesn't even offer coffee or water outside of posted and early breakfast and evening reception hours. The complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby tends to remain available later in the morning (IIRC, no posted times). Access to at least the lounge floor requires a key card in the elevator.

Rooms are decorated in the new Sheraton style with dark wood furniture and tan/gold/maroon colors with plaid. Granite countertops are used, but even some upgraded rooms have only showers, not bathtubs. Some rooms have wet bars.

The hotel has an indoor heated pool (which requires walking across the lobby) and a small health club.

There is one restaurant/bar in the back of the lobby. In season, some outdoor tables on a deck are available. The hotel has limited meeting space. A small Linked@Sheraton business center is in the lobby. Free outdoor parking with perhaps limited valet service.

During the week the hotel is frequently filled with business travelers. Sometimes good rates are available.

As a SPG Plat, I'm 0/3-4 for suite upgrades, although I've always received a room on the floor with the lounge and almost always got upgraded by a room category or two.(one night stays, both midweek and Saturday nights with late afternoon arrivals).

Nevertheless, I like this property. It's new and pleasant with friendly and willing staff.