Sheraton West Des Moines, Iowa. Master thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Punki, Feb 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

So here we are at the beautiful West Des Moines Sheraton, surrounded by snow for as far as the eye can see.

When we first checked in we were assigned a standard room. I asked the clerk if there were any suites available and she indicated that there were. I then had to ask if we could have one. That was a little odd as we have always found suites assigned prior to arrival in recent years.

The suite is smallish but newly redecorated and certainly adequate. The lighting is very harsh and I am tempted to buy a softer light bulb for the lamp next to the bed. There is a microwave, fridge and sink in the living area, kind of like a slight upscale Embassy Suites. In fact the whole place feels sort of like an Embassy Suites. I wonder if it was?

The room has plastic glasses and paper coffee cups which I really don't like. I usually visit the Club Lounge and appropriate cups and glasses, but the Club Lounge in this hotel is closed for the weekend.

If I ever come back to Des Moines, I would be willing to stay here again, but I only have one relative who lives here and I am hoping this will be his one and only wedding, and I don't suppose I will still be up to dashing around the country for wedding weekends by the time his kids are grown. But, maybe. ;)
  2. Astrophy
    Original Member

Astrophy Silver Member

It's not "great" but also not that bad. I'm guessing the lounge should be open 7 days a week starting April 1st.