Sheraton Seattle

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by jupper, Nov 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I had a one week stay about a week ago here, and am now staying here for well over two weeks.

Hotel has two towers, the largetst one on Pike street (triangular in shape) and a smaller one on Union street (rectangular in shape). I stayed at a mid level on Union street in a non-Club room and had a nice room, well insulated connecting-door, small bathroom that wasn't thought through well, but a nice room.

The lobby is vastly stretched, staff is attentive and curteous, so thumbs up there.

My current stay is in a Club room, in the Pike street tower. A bit larger and better thought out bathroom, a little more size to the room, but a very poorly insulated connecting-door (I'll talk about that to the staff later today, I needed to recover from my flight yesterday). Had an amenity waiting upon arrival in my room (WA state wine, hazelnuts in cacoa, weird cheeze-like whatever, raspberries and some tasty crackers).

Room service for meals is pricey, but service is prompt.

I will ammend this review in about two weeks. :)

(and my apologies if there's a thread already, I couldn't find one searching on Seattle :( )

gleff, NYBanker, Toula and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    is this property w/in walking distance of a light rail stop? (so easy to get to/from SEA)

3. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it's one or two blocks from the Westlake TNNL stop I believe.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  4. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK,

apologies for the rant, but this just needs to be typed...

First night I had a frat party next door it seemed (can happen), then quieted down the next few nights, then last night a couple desperately trying to get pregnant at 1am banging (in multiple ways) against the connecting door (at least, that's the interpretation I'm sticking with). Talked to the staff about it this morning, they promissed to reserve a room one floor down that would be quieter, not a connecting room, supposedly nicer and away from the elevator.

The staff "explained" that they couldn't sound-proof the connecting doors, hogwash, don't put well over an inch of clearance underneath, line with some draft-tape and put in solid doors, problem fixed.
    So yes, I'm now one level down, at the Club Lounge level, no connecting door, but a lot of noise from the hallway and club, despite assurances from the staff it would be a more quiet room. :(

With the halfhearted attempt by the Interim Executive Assistant to explain why the hotel doesn't participate in the Triple-Up promo on my previous stay (offering a Club room, which I already booked, for this stay), this property is really letting me down. :(