Sheraton Safari - Orlando, FL - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by flyingdawg, Sep 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    A $25 million rennovation is in progres at this property. It has 363 guest rooms, 90 suites and 6 excutive suites. The rennovation began in August and should be complete in spring of 2012. The property will add another large pool and all rooms, public spaces and exterior will be remodeled. The property will modify its name to Sheaton Lake Buena Vista Resort after completition.

"PROJECT OVERVIEW
    • Complete interior renovation of approx. 490 guest units, guest corridors, public areas and select back of house areas.
    • Building exterior renovation.
    • Complete courtyard renovation including underground utilities, hardscape, landscaping, pools and new pool bar building.
    • Site renovation including parking lot repair/asphalt overlay and landscaping.
    • Approx. 14,000 square foot meeting room building expansion with associated site development, utilities and parking expansion..."

uggboy and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting that it currently seems to have 459 rooms, but will renovate approximately 490. I wonder whether some of their suites will be divided up into regular guest rooms. IIRC they had an entire building to the left of the building with the main lobby as you enter that was entirely suites for upgrades. They had outdoor corridors on the parking lot side and one entered into the living room and then walked straight back, toward windows facing the far end of the courtyard and pool area on the opposite end of the long narrow building, to get to the bedroom. This was the building that had extreme mold and mildew problems when I stayed here.

uggboy likes this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    The property has some mileage on it and its due for this remodel. I know it was a hit with my kids when we stayed there due to the jungle/safari them and the waterslide at the pool. I mean for an 8 or 10 year old what else do you really need other than a 60 foot waterslide :D and towels in the shapes of animas every night on your bed?. From my perspective the staff has always been top shelf and went over and beyond when catering to plats. The newiness of the property combinded with its location and staff should make it a true hit.

uggboy likes this.