Sheraton Read House Hotel Chattanooga - Review

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by rharrigill, Jan 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently had a one night stay at the Sheraton Read House Hotel in Chattanooga, TN. The hotel is in a good location downtown, close to restaurants and only several blocks away from the aquarium. The Sheraton Read House has free wifi, a Starbucks next to the lobby, and the (quite expensive) Porter's Steakhouse downstairs. We didn't eat at the steakhouse because of the price, but I've been told it is good. Valet parking costs $15/night.

I stayed in a King Bed Suite and, at 600 sq. ft., I found it spacious and enjoyable although the bathroom was a little on the small side. My only complaint is that the water pressure from the shower head was awful. Probably the worst I've experienced. I'm not sure if it was this room (802) only, or a common problem throughout the hotel.

F267DE0B-1B58-4B51-86B2-3478D4DC67BB.jpeg

C276D727-76C3-4D4F-B078-303B3EB6A74D.jpeg

D0CC29AD-3C35-48D7-98C6-72C4D1D55B3D.jpeg

785C9AC7-D688-4773-98F7-476C5AC16DD9.jpeg

75848C2B-28D1-4C44-8648-3288CD3CC249.jpeg

56A9266B-CE93-4911-863B-F7040F7FC5E1.jpeg

This room normally sells for $169, but I happened to catch it on a sale for $109 and it was very much worth it.

The staff was very courteous and acknowledged my request for a room with a good view (I guess this was the best view possible? I was satisfied), and upon checkout they asked if the view was satisfactory.

Overall it is a very nice hotel and I plan to stay there next time I visit Chattanooga.

p.s. We ate at Market Street Tavern (one block from the hotel) and it was decent. They had a good Bison Burger and decent beer selection (including local).

flyingdawg, Toula, heakja and 3 others like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review and the great photos, wow, a great hotel, a good deal for the fabulous room, yes, the bathroom looks small against the other spaces, overall, it looks wonderful and comfortable, a great view too. Enjoyed your report tremendously. Again, big thanks for sharing!

flyingdawg, Toula and rharrigill like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do they have a lounge?

rharrigill likes this.
  4. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    You know that place is haunted, right?

rharrigill likes this.
  5. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    No mention of a lounge when I checked in.

Maybe the ghosts are the reason for my poor water pressure experience?

Speaking of the poor water pressure, I made note of it in a comment to SPG and they forwarded it to the hotel's management. I received an apology email from them today with an offer of 1000 courtesy SPG points for my bad experience!

flyingdawg and Toula like this.
  6. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not only is Porters overly expensive it really isn't that good nor is the service. There are much better places to eat downtown. I would highly recommend Hennons- http://www.hennens.net/ as well as Alleia-http://www.alleiarestaurant.com/

flyingdawg, rharrigill and Toula like this.