Sheraton Providence (Airport - Warwick) - Review

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by peteropny, Sep 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I had a two night stay at the Sheraton this weekend (chose because the rate was close to $100 less than the Westin which also charges for parking). I found the hotel to be nicely serviceable without being remarkable in any way. As a Platinum just got a regular king room on the club floor (front desk said that the suites were sold out due to two wedding parties - appeared to be true since hotel was close to full and no suites appeared online). The Wifi required no sign in so it's included for everyone? The Club Lounge was open for both the evening service and breakfast both days (despite the website saying it's only Mon-Fri - not sure if it was just this weekend - it did seem a bit of a waste especially the evening service since there were very few others using the club). We did have a problem with the TV - the remote would not access many of the stations listed (including Showtime which had a current schedule booklet by the TV) - I called down to tell them this (and that the remote was very sluggish) but it wasn't fixed the entire time. Pressing the "wake up call" button on the phone just resulted in a very long ringing without anyone picking up - a subsequent call to the front desk was needed to get the wake up call. The air conditioning unit is the through the wall type that was pretty noisy.

Overall, a serviceable property with reasonable rate but nothing memorable and definitely not a destination property.

DJP_707, uggboy and (deleted member) like this.
  2. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review, have been by many times and stayed at the Radisson the last couple trips to cash in on the free nights promo's. But if the price is right I'll stay here next time.