Sheraton Princess Kaiulani in Waikiki

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by somempire, Sep 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am going to Honolulu from Oct. 20-25 and still in search for hotel to stay that is not too pricey. Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Prince in Waikiki and how was your experience(s)?

uggboy likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have and it was fine. Nothing particularly great, but fine.

I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there and I certainly wouldn't pay extra for the privilege, but it was tolerable for a night or two.

uggboy and 7Continents like this.
  3. 7Continents
    Original Member

7Continents Silver Member

Status Points:
    I second the above. It's in a good spot for a non-beach hotel, but for more than one nite it's truly a budget hotel. I had a points stay across the street at the Moana and needed an extra night at the beginning which wasn't available. For a few points and 60 bucks I had a room that was fine, and only needed the time it took to cross the street to switch the next day.

uggboy likes this.
  4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    You mean the Sheraton Princess Kauilani, or Sheraton PK. Its a great location, huge hotel with a few restaurants in its property. There is a pool, avg size in the courtyard area. Never used the pool, a bit too noisy and can have heavy traffic from people cutting through the area to the street.

The price is pretty low, so that makes it attractive, but the hotel is in need of a major redo as it is stuck in the 70s. At night, they often have musical entertainment, great if you want to sit poolside or at the bar and listen to some live music, not so great if you want to sleep, as the noise does filter up if you are facing beachside.

Not my first choice but perfectly serviceable!

Toula and uggboy like this.
  5. boxedlunch
    Original Member

boxedlunch Silver Member

Status Points:
    About a year ago as an SPG Gold, I was upgraded to a room with a great view one floor below the top...couldn't beat it for the price (about $100/nt). Elevator situation was horrible and required long waits typical of a hotel that badly needs to escape the 70's. Don't forget to account for resort fees when you compare properties.