Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by singtx, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Upcoming trip to Prague and have three nights here, one night in Dresden (Westin), then back to Prague for a few nights. After researching, this is the only SPG option, but plenty of other chain/nonchain around. Deciding whether to book the rest of our Prague stay here...Any recent stays/reviews?

2. sdm1130
    Original Member

sdm1130 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed here last year and had no complaints. It's about a 10 minute walk from the main train station and about 5-10 minutes from the old town and touristy areas. The staff was very pleasant, the lounge was nice and always stocked with drinks and light snacks. As a Plat, I was upgraded to a nice "Premium Suite" with separate bedroom and 2 full baths.

[​IMG]
    Bedroom​

[​IMG]
    Living Room​

[​IMG]
    Bathroom​
    [​IMG]
    Lounge​
    [​IMG]
    Lounge​

uggboy and singtx like this.
  3. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Still a month out and was already upgraded to Club Junior Suite...Nice. Thanks SPG and Sheraton Prague!

4. LLM

LLM

Stayed there last Nov on points. Room nice, great shower, staff good and very friendly to my various friends that showed up looking for me. They said exec floor was full so didn't get lounge access. Location is in a dull business area, not terribly far from the tourist areas but still a walk. Building is old and choppy, with very differently shaped rooms and needing different elevators to get around.

When I returned after a night away, switched to Hilton Old Town which I much preferred for location and got the upgrade there.

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree if you are in Prague for vacation- really the magic is to be near the Old Town.

6. LLM

LLM

BTW, re the pix above,, my bathroom had similar decor but had a large walk in shower without tub, as I prefer. Lots of counter space.

7. travelgourmet
    Original Member

travelgourmet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here in October. Nice rooms, with a pleasant, modern style. The staff was pleasant, but not overly proactive.

Location is a bit of a downer... Not awful, just a bit out of the way and the immediate area offers nothing of interest.

singtx likes this.
  8. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    I check-in next week. We lucked out and some friends are meeting us in Prague! Thanks for the replies and messages sent.

Travelgourmet - where did you eat and would go back to again?

9. travelgourmet
    Original Member

travelgourmet Silver Member

Status Points:
  10. Sandy
    Original Member

Sandy Silver Member

Status Points:
    We stayed here last year in a premium suite. It was about 15 mins to Old Town on foot. We didn't mind walking a bit, and we were happy to be able to garage park our car and get in and out of the city easily from that location.

travelingmore likes this.
  11. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    We spent 3 nights there last month. Pre-upgraded to suite several weeks prior to arrival. Check-in was awesome with explanation of everything. Huge restroom (shower and tub), great Illy espresso machine.

We used a shuttle service instead of a taxi...somewhat of a mistake as we ended up being the last drop - which resulted in an extra hour...not a big deal, but we only saved a little money and we would rather have the hour back.

Others have written on how far away everything is... its barely noticeable...if you like walking it should not be an issue. THe location is great because it forces people to eat and drink in local joints. All around there are local, cheap, friendly staff. We were the only "tourists" in the pubs and eateries...and we loved it. We practiced our Czech and they practiced their English.

The lounge is a great, with some of the best staff weve encountered. Beer, wine, and champagne all day. Breakfast and evening apps are good (good selection of cheese, crackers, nuts). Two computers and one tv in the lounge.

Hotel is near the fred and ginger building, what I considered a few minutes from the attractions, near great pubs and restaurants.

I would and will stay here again.

uggboy and Gatorray like this.
  12. I am stay there 3 days and 2 night.The Sheraton Prague Charles Square hotel is provide good room service.All room are nicely located with good large bed,night lamp is excellent for couple,Large bathroom with fresh towel,nice dining table. The staff was pleasant, but not overly proactive.Food ,Beer, wine, and champagne is good for all day.

uggboy likes this.
  13. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got a stay coming up in about two weeks. What is the best / easiest way to get from the hotel to the Old Town area?

14. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Walking or Tram are both very easy. Alternatively you can take a taxi- it is only a few minutes away.

15. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's been a while since my stay but thought I'd offer up some information on this hotel just the same.

I had two rooms reserved on points. I did not try to use any of my SNA's. Two days out, one room showed as being upgraded to a jr suite. Upon arrival I got some bad information and found the hotel had not closed out inventory properly. The rooms we were assigned were both on the club level, so I was told that we had been upgraded one room class. (the club is on the ground floor off the lobby btw). I asked why the room that had been showing as upgraded was downgraded and that created some confusion. I also asked why jr. suites still showed as being bookable online. Long story short, after bad info from the hotel and even more bad info from Starwood CSS, we ended up in two club floor rooms the first night. The second night one of the rooms was upgraded to a jr. suite.

The rooms are comfortable enough...not great or bad at all. We had a problem with the heat in one of the rooms...it wouldn't shut off but that was rectified.

The hotel is incredibly close to anything you'd ever care to see in Prague, save for a couple nice beer bars. It is about a 10 minute walk to Wenceslas Square (sp?) and then another 10 beyond that to Old Town Square. It is a comfortable walk.

The bar is nice enough...had some wine a couple nights.

The club is ok for breakfast. Eggs, some breakfast meats, yogurt, fruit, juice, European breakfast meats (love the salami in the morning), coffee and espresso drinks. It is smallish with around 7 tables but was never overly crowded. We weren't there much during the day. In the evenings, they have light snacks like chips, nuts, and usually one hot item. There are a couple reds and whites, two to three beers and soft drinks. There are two pc's in the club. Like the pc's in the lobby area, it seemed like every keyboard had at least one key that didn't work at all or only worked when you hammered on it. The staff in the club was there about half the time so there were days when we'd have to make our own espresso drinks while other days they would bring them to us...not a big deal at all, but the machine is behind a counter that seems to be for staff to man. When the staff was there, they were great and friendly.

Aside from my encounter with the front desk, I didn't interact with them again until checkout which went very smoothly.

Internet in the rooms looked like it would be at a fee, and looked like you could connect up to three devices with the same login. However, every time I connected a new device I did so as if it were the first / only time I'd connected. I did this unintentionally at first and so I thought I'd have to argue to have charges for multiple devices taken off the folio...I didn't have to do so at all.

We used the hotel's black car one day for transport. It was higher than even one of the ripoff taxies in Prague, but the city is so cheap it still was a bargain compared to other cities around Europe. It was convenient to us that day; the rest of the time we took taxis...you will be ripped off at some point if you take cabs often and you will know you are being ripped off. Grin and bear it.

Overall, this is a solid hotel. Not great, not bad. The location is fine to me. I don't think I'd really I'd have wanted to be close to Old Town or Wenceslas...too noisy, too many bachelor parties, too much puke on the street in the mornings for my liking.

And FWIW, the club pix posted by sdm1130 above are of an older lounge apparently. The new one is right off the lobby on the ground floor looking out on to the street with large floor to ceiling windows.

Happy to answer any other questions if I can.

TRAVELSIG likes this.