Sheraton PDX

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by brodyf, Aug 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that when you check into your room at an airport hotel and find earplugs on the table by the bed, that is probably a bad sign.

Ok, I've been in this room five minutes now. Yes , it is a very bad sign. Avoid the Sheraton PDX if you get any value out of the time you spend sleeping in your hotel room.

image-2926159734.jpg

daninstl, MX, Thomask and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sheraton Gateway LAX has them, and we've never needed them. Surprisingly quiet for an airport hotel.

daninstl likes this.
  3. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is too bad. I have stayed there many times (one night at a time on way to/from Hood River) and never had a room with earplugs. 99% of the time I was upgraded to one of the suites, x29, which are tucked away. The staff at the hotel are great!

daninstl likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you want a Starwood close to PDX, you might want to consider the aloft. It's on the light rail line and they also run an airport shuttle. When I stayed there, I didn't experience any noise problems.

daninstl likes this.
  5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many hotels hand out ear plugs but it doesn't mean anything many times. I use them at the shooting range later :)
    Oh and try a white noise app for your phone if it seems like it might be noisy, of course if you book an airport hotel you would know that it may have aircraft noise I would assume?

6. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed at numerous airport hotels before. Some are loud and some are delightfully quiet. I've also stayed at this hotel before a few times and never noticed it being so loud and never saw earplugs in the room. This room was right next to the runway so if I stay there again I'll know to ask for a room on the quiet side. Or there's always the Aloft...

7. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points: