Sheraton on the Falls, Canada

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by singtx, Oct 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    One night stay while my wife ran the Niagara Falls International Marathon. The Rainbow Bridge was empty - so I was on my way. As a side note the bridge employees were pleasant.

Checked in early to see if a room was ready. SCORE! Checked-in at 1230 with my Dog and got a bi-level suite on floor 22, with a wicked view of the US and Niagara Falls. Two fireplaces, automatic drapes with controls on the wall and remote, two full restrooms, and spa tub upstairs (which my wife used after the race). Clean-as-can-be room. Small balcony to stand on and check out the view. Everyone was great from the valet, to FD, to staff walking around. No club lounge that I could find and I asked! Was told this was a resort and they would be building a Club Lounge next year.

They brought up bowls and a bed for our Dog. I settled in and was on my way to the finish line to meet my wife. Huge traffic in this hotel...bus after bus load of people staying here. I was dissapointed in the massive commercialization of the area.

The hotel website is accurate. $19 self parking and 30 valet.

I would stay here again...

Wife killed it. Beat her goal of under 4 hours for the full.

Attached Files:

sendaiben and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like an amazing experience! Gorgeous views, amazing! Thanks for the review!:) Hope your wife enjoyed the marathon?

3. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a very nice Sheraton, with very good staff and very good food. The rooms need a bit of a refreshing but otherwise a good property

Small problem with this place. They charge a $9.95 resort fee that includes internet, but make no accommodation for Plats who would get free internet anyway. As I said, this might be a small issue for you, but it's a deal breaker for me.