Sheraton Newark Airport Hotel Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by siricepick, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. siricepick

siricepick Active Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I decided to use points to stay at Newark because we had an early flight back to LA the next morning. I wasn't expecting too much since we arrived late, and in general, the skeleton crew is usually less than welcoming, but this turned out untrue here. The front desk was very very nice, and the club level room was very spacious. There's nothing bad I can say about the property except if you have a car, they'll charge you $18/day.

2. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    The lounge here is closed on weekends, but they offer Plats or Club floor folks a free continental buffet on the weekends. It's about $3.00 or so to move up to the hot items if you want. Of course, we'll see what happens when all Sheratons move to 7-days/week Lounge availability come April.

BTW, the Hilton Newark offers Diamonds free full buffet to Diamonds regardless of the amenity choice.

3. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got an e-mail the other day that said this hotel was offering up to 11 nights free parking with a one-night stay through December, 2011.

I am not sure if this was targeted. It also listed a LGA Starwood property, but I don't remember which one. Let me see if I can find it.

4. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, follow this link

We haven't actually tried to book it, but it certainly looked like a smoking deal.

jupper likes this.
  5. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've found extremely wellpriced prepaid rates for single nights as well, service is good, atmosphere is nice, shuttle runs smooth.

When I need to spend a (planned) night at EWR I always pick the Sheraton EWR.

6. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I use this deal, often -- it's a standard pkg deal that is always available. Just a heads up that the hotel shuttles drop off & pick up @ P4 -- so one has to take the airtrain to get to the terminals.

I usually do off-site parking, but sometimes have had to wait an unusually long time for the shuttle pickup (but those shuttles p/up directly from the individual terminals). When I decide that it's better to spend the night before a early flt,where I will be away for many days -- it's great to stay @ the EWR Sheraton. The last time I stayed there, I had to take a 3:40a shuttle & the driver dropped me directly at my terminal, as I was the only pax![​IMG]

Also, with the double pts promo & weekend SP bonus, -- it's a great way to earn pts, esp. when you need to park the car for several days, anyway!

7. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Emphasis added.

Well that's good news. :)

8. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK..I guess I haven't traveled to the East Coast a lot lately. What happened to this hotel? Not my favorite, but convenient. My guess is it converted to the Doubletree?

flyingdawg likes this.