Sheraton New York - getting worse

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Sperry8, Sep 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sperry8

Sperry8 Active Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Sheraton New York in both June and then again in August. After my stay in June, it was my favorite Starwood NYC hotel! Updated rooms, nice views, great club lounge, breakfast. It had it all. I thought I finally got away from the Le Meridien which is not one of my faves.

After my latest stay - I need to keep looking. Barely acknowledged as a Platinum customer. I was there for 6 nights and no upgrade avail. I asked if he could make a note and call to switch me if a room became avail during my stay. He said I needed to find Brittney. She was the SPG Platinum rep. I said - "find her?" Can you find her for me or have her call my room? He said no. But I could search for her - she's always around. What!?!?

I then went to the club lounge for breakfast. It now ends at 9:30am. Who ever heard of breakfast ending so early? It used to go longer (in June). But it turns out it didnt make a difference anyway. They only had muffins and a few pieces of fruit now. They used to have eggs and other yummies. I spoke to the lady to ask about it - and she said "they made some changes to move to Sheraton standards". I said "So Sheraton standards are WORSE than what you offered me 2 mos ago?" She said she'd be happy to take my feedback. What do you think customers will say? Thanks for shortening the time and limiting the food? We appreciate it?

No thanks Sheraton New York. I'm back on the lookout for another fave starwood nyc hotel.

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    This hotel has been mediocre for some time.

If you're looking for the west side, consider the Westin, IC or W.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Sheraton used to have lox in the club breakfast. It has gotten progressively worse.
    The Westin is a better hotel, but their lounge breakfast is pretty awful too
    I've never had good experiences at the W
    There is a Hilton on 41st St which is OK
    The Andaz on 5th Ave is nice, and the lounge at the Grand Hyatt (GCT) has a much better breakfast

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

5. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ending breaking at 9:30 is reasonable. I've stayed at many hotel that end breakfast at 9:00.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know a Sheraton that ends the lounge breakfast at 8:30 on weekdays.