Sheraton Music City Nashville - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Jslo, May 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Sheraton Music City is not what it sounds like it would be. Kind of has a grandiose name but leaves something to be desired. I ended up staying here with some business colleagues and all of us agreed, there is something that is kind of "off" at the hotel.

Generally speaking, this is an airport hotel. It is right by the Nashville Airport (BNA). They must have done some heavy duty sound proofing as I never heard one plane during my stay. From the decor and grounds you might think Sheraton was kind of trying to give this place a resort feel? However, it's right by the airport and not a place you would want to stay unless you were in transit? It just has a wierd feel. It's decor and style is 90's faux formal tricked out conference center with dark wood, a fountain in the lobby, and a pretty decent pool setup in a courtyard.

No wifi in the rooms, but free in the lobby. I did not eat at any of the restaurants here, but did hang out at the "Veranda" which is the lobby snack/bar area. I needed to use the internet and found myself camped out there for a couple hours (iPad has no ethernet capability, which is all the room was equipped with).

As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a suite which was spacious but pretty bland/dated. I believe this hotel has 46 suites, so a Platinum suite upgrade is highly likely. The 500 pt. amenity and stay credit/points credited very quickly and the front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. One interesting thing to note- an SPG Gold we were traveling with was offered a fortune cookie at check in and whatever prize was on the "fortune" was given. It ended up being 1000 SPG Pts. which was happily received by the Gold traveler in our group. I was left wondering why can't a Plat pick a cookie for a prize? But then again I got 500 pts without drawing a cookie- and if they had said "take the sure 500 pts or you can have whatever you draw"...I would have kept the sure 500 pts. Apparently the prizes ranged from a free appetizer to a free drink to some amount of incremental points of which 1000 pts was the grandaddy and hardest to get. I havn't seen that Gold checkin practice before. Maybe I missed some promo or maybe it is property specific? It was kind of fun anyway.

The Club lounge on the second floor was adequate/average. I dropped in for a coffee and some oatmeal before heading off. There were cold beverages in a refrigerator, some fresh fruit, a few workstations and a TV with the news on. Just typical and somewhat clean. Somewhat being the defining word in that sentence ;)

At any rate, all in all it was just OK. It felt overpriced for a pretty average airport hotel trying really hard to market as "Sheraton Music City". Fairly dated setup and a weird layout for a hotel that felt out of place. The actual floor plan is goofy without enough elevator stations. My suite was at the opposite end of the hotel and very far from an elevator bank. I had quite a walk to get to my room. Here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Club Lounge on 2nd Floor
    [​IMG]
    View out Club Lounge window:eek:
    [​IMG]

SC Flier likes this.
  2. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sheraton Music City pics cont'd.

Very dated club floor signage?
    [​IMG]
    Suite, view of pool and courtyard from balcony of suite, etc. I think most rooms here have a balcony or patio.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And finally a parting shot of the statuesque fountain in the lobby :cool:
    [​IMG]

SC Flier likes this.
  3. Halothane
    Original Member

Halothane Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have stayed at this property many times. The OP's review is spot on! I always receive a suite when staying here. Never had any problems. I have a cheap corporate rate that usually runs $50-60 a night. I can't beat that when they typically give me complimentary breakfast in the on-property restaurant vs. the club lounge.

Jslo and SC Flier like this.