Sheraton Mirage, Gold Coast Australia

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by sendaiben, Apr 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

I had two one-night stays here in later March/early April 2012, on business by myself.

The hotel is located on a peninsula across the river from Southport and right on the beach. It is a low (three story) resort that drops down from the road to beach level. Both times I had a smooth check-in experience.

The good:

-smooth checkin and recognition of platinum benefits (but not upgraded to suite either time)
    -quiet hotel with nice rooms
    -great beach view
    -buffet breakfast was mostly good (good pastries, okay coffee, cooked food could have been better)
    -great spa baths

The bad:

-deep carpets everywhere in the hotel corridors and rooms (my wife would have hated this due to dust allergy)
    -breakfast restaurant very cramped (tables close together): go before 7am to beat the crowds
    -long wait for checkout on the first stay: chatty desk staff and people queue jumping

This hotel is fine, the location is very good, and apart from minor issues offers a pleasant stay. Like all hotels in Australia, it is somewhat overpriced from an international perspective.

If dining alone for breakfast, the table on the far right is shielded by a pillar from the sun while still having nice views ;)
    Kalboz likes this.