Sheraton Malpensa (Milan)

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by WilCo, Mar 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Positives
    • clean, large modern room
    • clean, large modern bathroom
    • ample storage space, including closets
    • attached to airport
    • attached to Malpensa Express (train to town)
    • generally friendly staff once I was talking with them
    Disappointments
    • internet was 3 Euros for one hour (thought I had booked a rate that included internet, but was told my rate did not include -- possibly my fault)
    • "sound proofed" rooms were not sound proof. Quite noisy as a matter of fact, possibly from parking garage directly outside our window
    • no one seemed in a hurry to help us, even though we obviously had tired (and crying) children -- the norm seemed to be to not make eye contact and hopefully we wouldn't notice they were there (check-in specifically)
    General Verdict
    I would likely stay there again if departing early. We had a 6:50 am flight and would have had to wake before 4:00 am to be comfortable we would make it to the airport in time from the city since public transportation did not begin until 6 am (though the Malpensa Express train did begin earlier -- 4:00 am if I recall correctly).

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Stealth Traveler
    Original Member

Stealth Traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Spent one night here in mid-June instead of staying near Centrale and paying a ton for one last night in Europe. Bottom line, for 88Euro, I would stay here every time at this price. We were upgraded to a Jr Suite, and the room was very spacious and modern. The hotel is three floors high but extends forever it seems. The lobby is huge and has flight status boards in multiple areas--if I had a long layover in MXP and no lounge access, I'd leave the hotel and go sit in the Sheraton lobby and just relax or head up to the 2nd floor bar area and chill.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65585658@N03/

The lounge on the 3rd floor was very spacious and is open all day. Evening snacks were pretty decent and the beer and wine was replaced all day long. Breakfast was hot and cold servings with a very good selection and went until noon, which was awesome if you arrived late and wanted to sleep in and still catch some food in the morning. The internet in the room for plats was free--just had to have them remove the charge that morning--which they did very quickly. For the internet in the lounge, make sure you get your username when you check-in...you need this to get on the lounge internet (which is free) and for your room as well.

We did have one issue--about 3am the air conditioner started leaking on the floor--guess this has been a problem since they opened and it warmed up--however, with one quick call to the front desk, they had a new suite ready to move us in and a bellman to move the luggage and we were in our new room within 15 min of the first call. For a 3am room change, I really commend the hotel for this efficiency.

If you are worried about not being in central Milan, the Malpensa Express runs every 30 min and has approximately 5-6 direct lines straight to Centrale that take 29 min and then with stops takes 37 min each way. It was just under 8Euro per person roundtrip. The Malpensa Express ticketing and entrance is literally 50 feet from the front doors of the Sheraton--could NOT have been any easier!

Kalboz likes this.
  3. thomas199023

thomas199023 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here in May and was upgraded to a very strange but fun workout room/suite. It was a nice room, but quite unpractical as it has a open bathroom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kalboz likes this.
  4. thomas199023

thomas199023 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What about this torture machine:
    [​IMG]

Bathroom