Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by sendaiben, Mar 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a three-night stay at the Sheraton Libertador with my wife in February 2014. It was an anniversary trip, and I am an SPG platinum member, so we were upgraded to a presidential suite. Basically the suite made it. It's huge, dated but comfortable, has a sauna and a jaccuzzi (and even a fax machine LOL), and basically got me many husband points :D

The good

-amazing upgrade to a fabulous room. This very much made our stay and I really appreciated it.
    -convenient location, near shopping, restaurants (we enjoyed Chacra for meat and La Barra for informal dining), and not too far from attractions
    -one excellent staff member on the front desk who really went out of her way to be friendly and helpful
    -reasonable and tasty room service
    -a great rooftop (inside) pool
    -decent club lounge breakfast (bread, beef sausages and bacon, eggs, fruit, cereal)

The bad

-the hotel is a little worn and noise (loud humming, banging pipes) was noticeable but not a problem. One of the toilets was leaking slightly in our room.
    -the gym is a little small and under-equipped (but will do at a pinch)
    -although most of the staff were professional and friendly, there were a couple who were not :rolleyes:

Overall

Despite some small issues, this was a wonderful stay and a great experience for my wife and I. We would definitely return to the Sheraton Libertador and hope to do so in the not-too-distant future.

uggboy and Newscience like this.
  2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're lucky to have received an upgrade, the regular rooms there are absolutely tiny.

sendaiben likes this.
  3. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I don't think I would have been as impressed without the upgrade ;)

4. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    We scored the Presidential Suite as an upgrade at CowDO two years ago.

Of course, the Sauna was out of order. Should have demanded compensation. ;) :rolleyes:

More to the point, I love the Libertador among the SPG offerings in BsAs. The Park Tower is more reliably luxurious and also treats Plats well, but you can't beat the Libertador for a mix of great location, low rates (especially if you pay your bill in pesos that you exchange at close to the blue rate), and good-to-great upgrades.

We're back in April for two days before our Mendoza wine tasting swing and two days after. Will repot on how things are now.

sendaiben likes this.
  5. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed yesterday and at check in asked for suite upgrade, FD lady told me "all suite is sold out" I showed her it is still available on line, she made a phone call and upgrade me to corner suite.
    Club lounge is a joke here, nothing to write home about. Don't even have a good coffee :(
    The best part of this hotel is close by good steak house La Chara, mostly local who dine here.
    It was a let down as I was staying at Park Hyatt the day before.

sendaiben likes this.