Sheraton Langkawi

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by VeryGoodPoints, Dec 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently stayed at the Sheraton Langkawi and boy, what a mistake that was. It was by far the worst Sheraton I've ever stayed in. The property is quite old and in need of a lot of TLC. While I was upgraded to a huge suite (as a Platinum SPG member) the suite was dirty and there were so many problems with it. I was supposed to stay at the hotel for 3 nights and everything was so bad that I checked right out and went to Kuala Lumpur. Here's my blog post about it.

I will say that Starwood has refunded me the points I used to book the hotel and I really appreciate that. They also provided my feedback to the hotel's GM.

I would not recommend this hotel unless it undergoes a drastic renovation. When I arrived in KL at the Le Meridien (which I loved by the way) the duty manager asked me where I had come from. When I said Langkawi, he asked where I stayed and if I enjoyed it. I said the Sheraton and that no, I actually didn't enjoy it. He didn't seem surprised and simply responded "it's quite an old hotel." He suggested that if I'm ever back in Langkawi to try the Westin or Andaman.

Gary (View from the Wing) was in Langkawi right before me and stayed at the Andaman and he had a good report. So if you're going to Langkawi, and want to stay at a Starwood hotel, don't choose the Sheraton.

Quasiconvexity and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    So far, we never have been to Langkawi, thanks for the report and insights into this hotel, yes indeed, the LM KL is fabulous.