Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by DHahn, Mar 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DHahn
    Original Member

DHahn Silver Member

"We upgrade Platinum members to a suite" - FD manager

I just finished my third stay; BTW, I was upgraded to a suite on all stays. The resort is located on north end of Agana Bay away from the main tourist attraction, Tumon Bay.

I was ecorted to my room for check-in and a photo was taken. BTW, I was recognized by the FD staff on my 2nd stay. Like Westin Guam, it has atrium layout. The outside is in step pyramid shape. The overall the building and rooms is a bit outdated but its Platinum member treatment makes up.

The suites I was given are two connected rooms. It was nice upgrade. For some reason most of Sheraton rooms I have stayed feels dark unlike Westin rooms. This is one of the reason I prefer Westin. The internet is charge is free as there was no log-in menu when connected.

The club lounge is on 10th floor with spacious with two levels. The breakfast offering is good especially Japanese options. If you want more western breakfast option, you can also have breakfast at the La Cascata restaurant on the 1st floor. (The room key has a sticker on it and that serves as breakfast voucher at the restaurant.) The evening offering always has 2 hot options. Like other Guam resort, beer and alcohol drinks are complimentary but beer and soft drink selections are limited. The snack option (outside breakfast and evening hours) is chips, cookies, juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks.

Since I was working 8-12 hours shift, I really didn't have chance to check out its pools and recreational activities.
    I think there are 4 pools including the closed one. The pool area looks good especially the infinit pool and the main pool has water slide. One major downside is that there is no beach.

There are two restaurants; the President (Japanese) and La Cascata (International). I only ate at La Cascata for breakfast buffet so I can't really comment on its restaurants.

Unlike other Guam resorts, the dinner show is held indoors on the first floor and it can hear its music & noise from the room which maybe bothersome for many.

Lastly, the valet parking is $3/nt while self parking is free.

Overall, it's not a outstanding resort but I prefer it over Westin Guam.

For more photos check out -
    sendaiben likes this.