Sheraton JFK, New York [Master Thread]

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Leumas, Jun 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Leumas
    Original Member

Leumas Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed at this property recently as I'd a late-ish arriving flight and didn't want to go into Manhattan straight away. For an airport hotel, this place is really expensive for what you get. I've stayed here before, but for some reasons I couldn't find cheaper places around JFK. There's a long thread about this place on FT.

Free shuttles are available via a free phone at Federal Circle station - this property shares the same shuttle as the Hilton Garden Inn (I think) next door. From the hotel, shuttles run every 30 minutes.

This property is also next to a sewage plant (or waste treatment plant), and the drive from the airport will tell you that. Arrived and was greeted very cheerifully by the Front Desk. They claimed I've been upgraded (I'm a Plat) - while there was no suite, they put me to a corner on the SPG floor, where the 'lounge' is situated.

Calling it a 'lounge' is a bit kind to them. It's just an area, with some sofas and 1 table and the TV. Hot foods are served during breakfast and dinner. During the evenings, a lot of people just grab a plate and retreat to their own rooms. This hotel also features free chocolate cookies, which are quite nice too...

Despite previously complaining about the price of this hotel, I guess if they can get away with it, good for them. While I still consider it to be expensive for what you get, it's a 'solidly average' hotel.

Pro
    - Free wifi
    - Free chocolate cookies
    - Cheerful, friendly front desk

Con
    - Expensive for what you get
    - Next to a sewage plant (although I couldn't smell it in the room, it's not hard to miss)