Sheraton, generally

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Apr 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know the "Brand Standards" were supposed to have improved/be improving.

My 3 stays at this brand in 2012 have been of a very high quality standard. (If I'd never have stayed at Sheraton, I'd have been impressed.) I don't know if things have improved overall, but my stays in Tel Aviv, Sacramento, and Chicago were in what appeared to be high quality business-level hotels with attractive lobbies, pleasant well-appointed rooms, and pleasant staff. (I won't speak to SPG benefits at the specific properties, as this is a different issue.)

After years of Sheraton stays at properties that had "seen better days," I'm hoping that better days are back. At least as to these 3 places, they were likely better than the average Westin.

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We enjoyed also some great Sheraton stays [ from great lobbies, superb friendly staff and modern rooms of a high standard ] incl. at their properties in Krakow and Poznan so far and we're actively looking for more stays within the Sheraton family of hotels, regarding Westin, we stayed at the Westin Palace Madrid so far this year and the Westin Warsaw, all both are fantastic properties too, from classic design and service in Madrid to great modern architecture and rooms in Warsaw. I came also across an article somewhere a short time ago that Starwood wants to refresh the Westin brand plus is actively pursuing higher standards for Sheratons around the world. This can only be great for SPG members and future members alike.

Mark.Dragon likes this.
  3. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't speak to the other two, but the Sheraton in SMF had always been a very nice property.

In general, I have found that most of the downtown properties are now quite nice. Some of the airport Sheratons still leave a lot to be desired though.

uggboy likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    After ranting about Aloft, I have to agree... the normal Sheraton's Ive been to seem like the Waldorf Astoria next to the 4 Points (but 4 Points stays have been good, considering the rates they offer).... but regardless of the comparisons, I do agree that Starwood seems to be doing a lot of things right with their Sheraton branded properties... lots of remodeling, lots of staff training.... kudos to Starwood brass for doing things very well !!! :cool:

I will continue to be mostly a 4 Points patron for the near future, but hope to be able to go to Sheratons as the rates permit.... regardless, SPG has all my hotel business locked up as long as they keep up the good work !!!