Sheraton fuschlsee-salzburg hotel jagdhof

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by TRAVELSIG, Apr 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

I completed a very relaxing weekend stay at this hotel recently and definitely would recommend to return/go to people wanting a relaxing weekend in a beautiful area of Austria.

The hotel complex consists of a series of buildings which are connected by a tunnel and glass walkways. A number of rooms overlook the lake (more than half), and there are also many with balconies or terraces which are very pleasant. The staff are exceptionally good and very welcoming- and there is a nice little bar right beside the checkin area that also has an outdoor terrace.

Note that the hotel is part of the Schloß Fuschl Resort SPA- they refer to this as their "sister" hotel. The "sister" hotel is directly on the lake and is an absolutely stunning building- however it is not reopening until May 1st so it was not possible to look inside- I did check the rates for May- and they were starting at 1900 EUR per night- so quite a bit different budget than the main hotel which is ~200 EUR per night.

Although the hotel promotes itself as being close to Salzburg, in reality the city is 30 km away- so it might not be a perfect location for everyone. During the week apparently there is a big business trade with Red Bull, as the companies world headquarters is about 3 km from the hotel.

My only complaint (and it is a very small one) is that on Sunday the only restaurant open for lunch is a buffet- I am not a big fan of buffets for lunch- however driving just a couple of minutes into town gives you a few options. The hotel also helped out with restaurant reservations- and they made excellent recommendations for food, service, and views. The other change is that the hotel used to have an amazing art collection (valued at over 60 million EUR)- unfortunately that has now been sold and replaced with quite unispring Sheraton or Westin style framed prints.

Service 10/10
    Rooms 8/10 (a little bit of corporate Sheraton type decor- however the bathrooms are lovely)
    Location 10/10 (unless you want to be in the city of course)
    F&B 7/10
    Amenities (10/10)
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

You'd be surprised by how packed this area becomes during special events in Salzburg. I stayed in the sister hotel (when it was much cheaper) for a night during the summer music festival and it was so crowded that it was hard to walk through the lobby and the hotel's services seemed overwhelmed. It was not at all the experience I expected, although it is a nice property (note that I'm not raving) in an excellent location, although it is not in town.
  3. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Just completed a lovely one-night stay. Great Platinum suite (Junior Suite?) with a fruit amenity waiting in room. Views, not of the lake, but over beautiful meadows and farms. All staff members were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was included, though I'm not sure I knew it would be when I booked. We walked down to the Schloss, which is busy getting ready for opening in two weeks, and thought what a great redemption that property would make for the promo just announced. In all, a very pleasant locale we would return to.
    TRAVELSIG likes this.